- June 12, 2019
- Posted by: Neek
- Category: Drugs
Carisoprodol (Soma) is an oral drug which is used as a pain killer. By blocking pain sensations between the nerves and the brain. Soma pain relief uses widely and seen during physical therapy to treat with skeletal muscle conditions like pain, strain or injury. Soma should only be used for a short time (up to 2-3 weeks) because of no benefit of longtime uses. In general, muscle injuries are short duration.
You need to avoid Soma if you are suffering from porphyritic (genetic enzyme disorder, which affects the skin or nervous system), meprobamate, carisoprodol. Don’t recommend this medicine to anyone on your experience. Overdose or misuse of this medicine can cause addiction, overdose, or death.
Carisoprodol can cause side effects, which may impair your thinking or reactions. Avoid doing such work which needs focus or you to be awake and alert like driving car, bike. If you are taking these pills, then drinking alcohol because it may increase drowsiness and dizziness of medicine effects.
If you are taking Soma for a long time (more than 3 weeks), after stop taking pills you can observe some withdrawal symptoms. So, don’t avoid medicine suddenly, consult with your doctor and follow the guideline provided by him.
Before Taking Soma Drug
The main thing is that, are your medical conditions allow you to take Soma drug or not.
- If you are allergic to carisoprodol or meprobamate.
- If you are suffering from Porphyritic, avoid taking Soma drug.
Tell all the medical condition to your doctor
- Liver disease,
- Kindly disease,
- A seizure,
- If you are pregnant tell your doctor,
- Ask for breastfeeding (carisoprodol can pass through breast milk and may cause drowsiness in a nursing baby),
“Only recommended for 16+ age group, for older adults (Yr50+) Soma can be sensitive for health.”
The process to take Soma pain relief
Every medicine has its way to take but the way of taking medicine plays a vital role. The medicine without know the right way to take can leads to a serious problem or may cause death.
So, here are the tips related, How to take Soma:
- Take medicine based on the doctor’s prescription dose & follow medication guides or instruction sheets.
- Carisoprodol may be habit-forming cause addiction, overdose, or death. Selling or giving away this medicine is a criminal activity and also against the law.
- Maximum 3 times you can take Soma on bedtime
- Only taken for 2 or 3 weeks.
- Don’t stop to take carisoprodol suddenly
- Soma is a part of treatment, which is used in physical therapy, or other pain relief measures.
- Store medicine for next use in moisture and heat-free room or container.
Dose for adults
Medicine amount: 250 to 350 mg (doctor’s advice)
Time to take: 3 times before going to bed
Therapy: Up to 2 to 3 weeks
What do I do, if miss a dose?
- Take medicine as soon as possible.
- Don’t try to take 2 medicine at the same time.
What will happen if I take an excess dose of Soma?
If you had taken an overdose of this medicine, then consult your doctor as soon as possible. The excess dose can lead the death.
Side effects of Soma?
- Difficulty breathing,
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat,
Can other drugs will affect Soma?
At the same time, it is not safe to use certain medications. Other medicine may or may not affect soma, but medicine which make you sleepy can cause dangerous side effects.
“You can take herbal medicines.”
Soma Uses (Best medicine for pain relief)
Carisoprodol is for muscle pain and discomfort for short-term treatment, used in physical therapy. Take this medication by mouth, with or without food as suggested by your doctor. Don’t increase the dose without the advice of a doctor.
Soma drug is based on your medical condition and response to treatment, the maximum day of uses 3 weeks. Don’t quite suddenly, otherwise, you may feel the consequences of withdrawal like stomach cramps, trouble sleeping, headache, nausea.
Many people become addicted to this medicine so, don’t mess with doctor’s advice.
Dizziness, drowsiness, or headache may occur, consult with a doctor because many people use this medicine and have no ant side effects. A doctor will try to find the reason for the side effect of the medicine.
Very Serious side effect:
- Allergic reaction,
- Trouble breathing,
This drug may make you weak or sleepy, so don’t drink alcohol, can make you drier. Don’t drive a bike, car or any heavy machine after taking these pills.
If you take to overdose the visit to the doctor because a drug increase in the ratio of chemical secretion in the body, it may cause death.
Notes: This drug is only for you, don’t give it to others.
Missed Dose: Take medicine again, but not if you missed full day& night. Next day you don’t need to take that missed tablet with a regular dose.
- Store at room temp.
- Protect from water and humidity.